Just one of those weeks, yah know?
So after returning from up north to gather the materials, the next day we headed into the workshop to put all the treasures away with a side of show and tell. It really was amazing all of the great pieces I found and I even got my friend Sharon to start perusing her local Good Wills.
Anyways, I get all unpacked and settled in then went to fire up the drill press. That did not turn out so well. When I went to plug it into to the socket, I got zapped and there was smoke and a slight burn, and the drill press is no more. So my mechanical engineer took it to work to check the switch plate. Hopefully we will be up and running again once we test it out later today. I spent the week looking for glass and tile bits for my handheld drill and yesterday found a local hardware store that had what I needed. Will be testing those out tomorrow as well.
It was too bad about the drill press, but at 70 plus years old this piece of Craftsman’s wiring just gave out. If it’s the motor then we’ve got a local shop that may provide the services we need. I had the good sense of drilling out many pieces prior to this minor glitch so I’ve got plenty to work with for the coming weeks.
My launch date is the 16th of this month and with the prep work already in place, I feel confidant that we’ll make our deadline. As for market approval that’s out of my hands but I am willing to take the risk.